Allen & Heath MixWizard Mixer
The Allen & Heath MixWizard 3 16:2 mixer is the third generation of this popular series known for its fantastic sound and functionality. MixWizard WZ3 has a new preamp design, tailored EQ frequencies, an extra mono output (on a fader that can be switched to provide a sub-bass mix from channel aux 6), and several routing changes to make the engineer.
The Allen & Heath MixWizard 3 16:2 mixer is the third generation of this popular series known for its fantastic sound and functionality. MixWizard WZ3 has a new preamp design, tailored EQ frequencies, an extra mono output (on a fader that can be switched to provide a sub-bass mix from channel aux 6), and several routing changes to make the engineer’s life easier. Other new features on the Allen & Heath MixWizard 3 include new styling, an extra lamp socket, Sys-Link options, and backup power supply.
The Allen & Heath mixer gives you 16 mic/line channels, each with 4-band EQ, HPF, individual phantom power, 6 auxes, mute switch, signal and peak indicator LEDs and a 100mm smooth-action fader. A configurable direct out and insert using all-metal TRS jacks are provided.
Stereo Mix with A/B Out
Main output controlled by 100mm faders with 12-segment 3-color metering with insert. The mixing console give has an A-B output for additional L&R stereo output selectable pre or post L&R faders. Unique underpanel mode switch to configure A-B as a local monitor output for additional stereo monitoring.
Onboard Digital FX
The Allen & Heath MixWizard 3 mixer 32 FX programs with external MIDI editing/control. Can be configured in single mode (16 programs fed from aux 5) or Dual mode (8 programs fed from aux 5, plus another 8 programs fed from aux 6). FX are returned via ST1 to the mix, aux 1-4. The effects can be muted using a footswitch. WZ FX editor software is available from the A&H website.
- Performance improvements with new mic preamp design and more responsive EQ
- Extended PA possibilities with control of aux fed subs on new mono output fader
- Channel phantom power switches and signal indicators added
- User friendly options on aux sends and direct outputs
- XLR lamp socket
- New Syslink options
- Slimmer build
- Pluggable jumper links
- Easy service construction
- New meter moulding design
- Extra feet on connector pod
- Universal rack or desk mount
- Dual stereo channel routing modes
- New side trims for style and portability
- Separate internal power supply module
- Dual redundant power supply connector added
- Balanced channel XLR normals through TRS for mic or line level XLR
- Pre-EQ aux option added for pre-insert, post-mute
- New surface mount technology